top of page
NinjaTrader 8 Connection Guide
1. First- make sure you have installed and connected successfully to R|Trader Pro
(Otherwise you will NOT be able to connect to Ninjatrader)
3. NinjaTrader Control Center – Click Help
Ninjatrader 8 Connection Guide: Text
4. Click License Key
5. If you do not have your own paid NinjaTrader license key, Please check the credentials email from EARNMAX , it contains the NinjaTrader License key that you will use during your Evaluation and if you passed and be able to trade Performance Accounts . If your paid NinjaTrader Key does not offer a Rithmic/Rithmic Paper Trading connection (Step 9), contact NinjaTrader for your options*, or use our key instead.
6. Erase the current key and paste the SIM key provided by EARNMAX.
(*Key's purchased prior to 2015 may not work due to old tech etc. Contact NinjaTrader)
7. Click OK and Restart NinjaTrader
8. From Control Center click Connections
9. Click Configure
10. The Connection Options menu will pop up and click Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
11. Click Add
12. Click My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
13. Connection Name: My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage (or type EARNMAX, etc)
14. Connect on start up (leave unchecked for quicker loading of NT8)
15. Username (ie. ERN000907 . Your Rithmic/Platform User ID will begin with ERN and is sent via Welcome email after purchase. It is NOT the username you chose when you registered for earnmaxfunding.com)
16. Password (sent to you via Welcome email after purchase)
17. System : Choose ‘Rithmic Paper Trading (Chicago)’
18. Plug in mode: Do NOT select Plug-in mode unless you need to connect and trade on multiple platforms at the same time.
19. Click Apply
20. Click OK
Each time you open your NT8 platform, you will enable your connection as follows:
From Control Center – Click Connections
Click My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
3. A Green Dot will appear validating your connection. A Yellow or Red dot may indicate an issue on your end with a firewall or invalid License Key if you are using your own.
Disable Global Simulation Mode
Be sure you are selecting to trade your ‘EARNMAX Trading’ account and not Sim101. The Sim101 is for practice only and does NOT count toward qualification. If you are trading the Sim101 account you will not see those trades register in R|Trader Pro. If Global Simulation Mode is checked, it will not let you trade any account but the Sim101 account.
1. Click Tools
2. Click on the checkmark to the left of Global Simulation Mode to remove
Adding Commission values
Commissions are already subtracted and factored into the ‘Net Liquidation’ value. The Chart Trader feature in NinjaTrader 8 ONLY shows Gross Profit and does not allow a Net Profit view. The Trade Performance tool/analyzer likewise will only show profit without factoring in EARNMAX commissions, however you can import our commission template into your platform and all future trades will display commission fees.
Be sure you are updating your futures instruments regularly to the current front month contract.
NinjaTrader 8 allows batch rollover across all instruments on all open workspaces.
NinjaTrader Support | Customer Service
NinjaTrader offers tech support for their platform. If you are able to login successfully and see your account in R|Trader, then issues you are having with NinjaTrader can not be resolved by EARNMAX.
For support, send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
NinjaTrader license key
Version of NT8 in use
Issue you are experiencing
Rithmic login credentials
bottom of page